MF doesn't find Fix - Windows CE Embedded 6.0
  • Hello Everyone!

Please someone help me: the current MF Navigator Free software doesn't find Fix, even after an hour... The driver is OK because another software (Desnav trial) can get Fix and finds satellites. Mapfactor says: "searching for internal GPS device" But this line is pale, isn't active. Under it there is an active line: Manual configuration. There I can adjust the Baud rate of the gps receiver. (Connected via USB) 
    But no option to adjust Com Port.
    On the screen I see this: GPS device: USB cable, 4800 baud. GPS state: connected. At the bottom of the screen: "The connection with the GPS device will soon break"

The device is called MMC 2190, it is in a new Lada Kalina (also in Granta) car. Win CE version: 6.0.0.3. Version CAN 1.13.  

What is the problem? Can somebody recommend me a solution to use this software?    

• 10 Comments sorted by
  • where do you get "The connection with the GPS device will soon break"?
    it is not our message
  • Hello Tomas!

There is a screen with a text above, left: current settings. (in blue background)
    Under it in black background:
    GPS device: USB cable, 4800 Baud
    GPS state: connected
    TMC device: no device
    TMC protocol: none
    In he middle of the screen:a smaller window says: "Push the Go on button to change the settings" (In blue background)
    And under these there comes the text: "ATTENTION: The connection with the GPS device will soon break"

• I translated the Hungarian text that I see on my device's screen.
  • I take it this is PC Navigator, please email screenshot
  • drivers are installed?
    do you know com port and baud rate?

• Driver should be OK. Desnav trial version finds satellites. Desnav shows: COM5 3D FIX. Baud rate is 4800.

The receiver is Globalsat BU-353S4. 
  • I have no idea what USB cable means, it should show com port
    try to set it manually, or edit file settings.xml, section GPSTMC

<com>
              <port>COM5</port>
              <speed>4800</speed>
              <friendly_name>COM5</friendly_name>
            </com>
  • HELLO

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM BUT IM USING MAPFACTOR NAVIGATOR FREE
    MY DEVICE NEEDS TO BE SET AT PORT 11
    BAUD 57600
  • please amed it as per my earlier instruction

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion