MF doesn't find Fix - Windows CE Embedded 6.0
  • Hello Everyone!

Please someone help me: the current MF Navigator Free software doesn't find Fix, even after an hour... The driver is OK because another software (Desnav trial) can get Fix and finds satellites. Mapfactor says: "searching for internal GPS device" But this line is pale, isn't active. Under it there is an active line: Manual configuration. There I can adjust the Baud rate of the gps receiver. (Connected via USB) 
    But no option to adjust Com Port.
    On the screen I see this: GPS device: USB cable, 4800 baud. GPS state: connected. At the bottom of the screen: "The connection with the GPS device will soon break"

The device is called MMC 2190, it is in a new Lada Kalina (also in Granta) car. Win CE version: 6.0.0.3. Version CAN 1.13.  

What is the problem? Can somebody recommend me a solution to use this software?    

• 10 Comments sorted by
  • where do you get "The connection with the GPS device will soon break"?
    it is not our message
  • Hello Tomas!

There is a screen with a text above, left: current settings. (in blue background)
    Under it in black background:
    GPS device: USB cable, 4800 Baud
    GPS state: connected
    TMC device: no device
    TMC protocol: none
    In he middle of the screen:a smaller window says: "Push the Go on button to change the settings" (In blue background)
    And under these there comes the text: "ATTENTION: The connection with the GPS device will soon break"

• I translated the Hungarian text that I see on my device's screen.
  • I take it this is PC Navigator, please email screenshot
  • drivers are installed?
    do you know com port and baud rate?

• Driver should be OK. Desnav trial version finds satellites. Desnav shows: COM5 3D FIX. Baud rate is 4800.

The receiver is Globalsat BU-353S4. 
  • I have no idea what USB cable means, it should show com port
    try to set it manually, or edit file settings.xml, section GPSTMC

<com>
              <port>COM5</port>
              <speed>4800</speed>
              <friendly_name>COM5</friendly_name>
            </com>
  • HELLO

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM BUT IM USING MAPFACTOR NAVIGATOR FREE
    MY DEVICE NEEDS TO BE SET AT PORT 11
    BAUD 57600
  • please amed it as per my earlier instruction

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion