Navigator Free & Windows 10
  • Hi !

I've been using MapFactor Navigator 12 Free on an HP ElitePad and Windows 8.1 with great success for a while.

I recently updated to 10, and the application doesn't 'find' the GNSS device anymore :(

I tried the latest version (15), same problem :(

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance !
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • you may need to install drivers?
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The 'Broadcom GNSS' device is correcly installed (and was detected perfectly under W8.1).
  • I found a new 'parameter' in Windows 10 to allow "localisation" wich allowed the GNSS device to be selected in the application.

Unfortunately, so far, I have no fix :(
  • Well, It looks like I'll revert back to 8.1 until something is done either by MapFactor or Microsoft to allow this to work ...
  • try reboot Windows10 and test GNSS device with other application.
  • I have the same problem with Win 10.
    What you mean with GNSS-Driver ?
    What is this? Where can i get it ?
  • Oh i've found it. It is the GPS-Driver.
    But why must i install it on my Win 10 PC?
    Here i want install the Software and the Maps on my SD-Card. The Driver is only for my Naviciever needed ...
    I think, the Software MapFactor Install Utility has a problem with Win 10
  • Hi,

I use a HP ElitePad that contains a Broadcom GNSS device. This is the 'new' GPS things ... that don't use a COM port to be accessed but an API.

This was working well under 8 (at least if you activate the location and that the driver of the device is up to date) but, so far, can't get it to work under 10.

I reverted my ElitePad to 8 and navigation works back, I will image the system as it try 10 once more :)
  • I migrated my Acer Notebook from Win7 pro to Win10 pro and have up to now no problems with MFN.
  • I had similar problems with my Asus Vivotab 8, which also contains the Broadcom GNSS device.

It took me such a long time to come up with a simple solution, that I felt almost ashamed. Reset Windows 10, see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

(I guess that the Windows 8.1 driver is not updated correctly during the upgrade to Windows 10. The reset causes the loading of a correct driver.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged