How to overcome incorrect voice navigation
  • I have posted this question on the OSM Help forum, too, because I am clueless concerning the notification or correction of voice-guidance errors. If I might give an example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.63001/-1.13787. Navigating north-west, the voice instructed me to turn left at the roundabout. I knew I must proceed straight ahead and the highlighted route displayed that. The same mis-instruction occurred on my return journey, informing me to turn right. How is such an error addressed?
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • please provide departure and destination
  • tomas
    Departure = Reading
    Destination = Oxford
    Uncomplicated route
  • The following solution to my question has been posted on OSM Help forum: 'There was an error in the tagging of Shillingford Roundabout: it was mapped as a circular oneway street. I have added junction=roundabout and directions should change to use terms like "take the 2nd exit" (but this will take a while for online routers).'
    Solved.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged