Where do I put the mca file of my self generated POIs in PC Navigator 14?
  • I have successfully created a new mca file from a csv file with one data line using digger. Now I would like to use this POI file in PC Navigator 14.

I read several threads about this here, but most seem to be about the free version and for Android.

I tried to put the file to the following directories:

1. The main directory of the Navigator PC installation:
       C:\Programme\Navigator14\PC_Navigator
    2. The data directory I configured the setup program to use:
       C:\MapFactor\Data
      which contains most of the other mca files (earth_ta.mca, germany_ta_xxx.mca ...)
    3. The subdirectory images of 2.
      C:\MapFactor\Data\images
      which contains some more mca files (poi.mca, sign.mca ...)

But the POI does not show up. Neither is there an icon on the map, where the coordinates say it should be, nor do I get the new POI group in the list of Menu\Settings\Map\Select POI types.

Where am I supposed to place this file?
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • if you use digger on the same PC, then your file will be placed automatically, no need to move it
  • I have run digger on the same pc and it placed the file in the subdirectory "import" of the directory I put digger-qt.exe, which in this case is C:\digger_12_1_5\import
    So where am I supposed to put the digger installation for this to automatically work the way you described?
  • c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MapFactor\SetupUtility\Data\
  • Hello,

I store mca-files created with digger in the folder with the maps. In my case: C:\Programme\Navigator14\PC_Navigator\config\map

Regards
  • The path is specified in atlas_pcn(_free).idc, by default
              <data purpose="import">__USERPATH__\import\</data>
    which is
    c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Navigator\14.3\import
    for example (Win7)
  • Sorry, didn't see, that there were multiple answers.
  • Thanks mdx, that helped:

In my case (Windows XP German) is was
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\operator\Anwendungsdaten\Navigator\14.3\import

Now it works.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged