Is it possible to automatically start navigation after remotely sending waypoints?
  • I have managed to send way points through an IP-connection to PC Navigator like this:

$destination=51.48xxx,6.9xxxxx;51.47xxxx,6.94xxxx;51.46xxxx,6.95xxxx;50.36xxxx,7.5xxxx;"from bla via blub and blub to somewher";navigate;departure

This results in the user getting the message icon. He has to click on the icon and start the navigation manually. That's a bit inconvenient. I would like to automatically generate a route and start the navigation for it without the user having to do anything interactively.

Is that possible?

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Thanks, this got me one step further: I can now remotely display the dialog where the user can select "Navigate" by adding the "instant" parameter:

$destination=51.48xxx,6.9xxxxx;51.47xxxx,6.94xxxx;51.46xxxx,6.95xxxx;50.36xxxx,7.5xxxx;"from bla via blub and blub to somewher";navigate;departure;instant

But that's still one manual step.
    There is no $start_navigation command, only a $stop_navigation.

My users can probably live with that.
  • I would check command without text, i.e.
    $destination=51.48xxx,6.9xxxxx;51.47xxxx,6.94xxxx;51.46xxxx,6.95xxxx;50.36xxxx,7.5xxxx;navigate
    (I am not sure if you want to use also "departure" for your project)
  • I just found, that passing 'instant' now instantly starts the routing. This is odd, because the first time I tried it, it required the user to press a button.

Thinking about it: The current route does not have a description, so maybe that's it.

Regarding 'departure': Yes, you might be right. For real world situations my users won't need the 'departure' parameter. I'm currently simulating the routing, so for that I need it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged