How to add maps
  • How to add OSM maps to Android NavigatorFree without reloading navigator?
    What is Navigator Downloader and how to run it if no such icon fond after installation? 
    Thank you.

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • What I know and regularly use is not an Android downloader (does not
    exist I think) but the PC setup utility. On my windows PC I use
    Navigator Free for Windows and it's Setup Utility also for maps. This
    utility warns me, if an update do any of my installed maps is availabe.
    So I download the maps to my PC Navigator data directory and sync it
    from there with my Android devices (tablet and phone) using
    MyPhoneExplorer (for Windows and Android respectively).
  • VVindsurfer, I'm a windsurfer too ;)
    You can't add OSM maps if they are not in MCA format, a proprietary format used by Mapfactor Navigator.

Using the Android version, there is the "Map manager" button in the app with which you can download maps.

If files are large, many, including Oldie and myself, prefer to download them through a Windows PC and transfer them to the Android device like Oldie explained. Apart from syncing the files, it's also possible to simply copy the mca files from PC to the Android devices, provided you locate the right Android folder.

• Oldie and IUOBMP, thank you for comments!

And I glad to find windbro!  :))

This is a problem with this button. It looks I checked everything and can not find any button or function or option to add an extra map. When first lounched Navigator asks do I want to download maps. This means there is the Downloader inside but how to reach it next time? Once at least one map downloaded it does not offer this option again.

• Y-y-es! I fond it! I fond this button! 
    I suspected there must be a drawer. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion