Can't find maps randomly
  • Version: Android 1.5.22
    Randomly and for no apparent reason my Navigator install resets itself to look at the internal storage for maps.  I have the storage set to my larger external SD card.

This is annoying as it tends to happen when I have no internet link at all (e.g. the middle of the French countryside at midnight or the Lake District)

Navigator suddenly declares "No maps available" and gives a "download now" or "cancel" option.  I cannot download as I am lost in France with no internet!!

I suggest the following:
    If there are no maps Navigator automatically checks the external storage for a valid navigator set up and gives the user the option to use this one (there may be more than one as I have found two valid Navigator installs on my external card).

When I do get a connection and download a map I cannot connect to my old install.  The option to move items to the external card asks if I wish to overwrite the install it finds with an Ok or cancel option.  Thus I cannot connect to my old install.  I cannot tell navigator to connect without overwriting!  There needs to be a "use old install" option as this contains all my preferences etc that I spent ages setting up for my purposes.

Ideally Navigator shouldn't "lose" its maps.

To summarise:
    1. When there are no maps installed look for them (a GREP would do) on the other storage devices.
    2. When a previous install on the external card is found allow it to be used, and not just overwritten.

Thanks,

Steve

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!