Importing GPX routes to Navigator in Android 2.3
  • Route Importer doesn't appear in Google Playstore on my Android 2.3.6 phone. How can I load GPX files to Navigator?
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Before route importer was available I wrote a kind of "work around". In the link below you can find it in the strikethrough text.

• hvdwolf, thanks. Yes, that works; if I click a GPX file my phone it asks whether I want to run it in Navigator or Osmand (which is the program I have been using to date). When I click on Navigator it invites me to Import, but warns that the file was not generated by MapFactor. When I click Import I get a list showing the GPX file again, and clicking on this I get to Action page. I can then show on map, but then how do I start to navigate?
  • If it is displayed on the screen, you exit the map screen and go to Tools -> Route Info. From there you can save the points as route and use it from your favorites(->routes) to calculate a route.

Edit: This is also wrong. Follow my post to the letter. (I didn't do it myself either since Route Importer.)
  • Pressing menu from the map I get 'Tools' and 'Route Info' as separate choices.
    Route Info takes me to 'No routing points selected. You can add some from map or search.' Pressing 'Navigate' says 'You have to set a destination first'.
    Neither of these makes sense to me. I have already given it my route as a GPX; I just want the program to navigate me along the defined route.
  • If I press 'Save as' from Route Info, I get 'You cannot save an empty points set'
  • You are right. It doesn't function anymore. 
    Which means it is a bug now.

Since Route Importer I haven't been using this work around anymore and now I can't anymore.

• I was wrong. It still functions but I imported a Route gpx. It only works with a waypoint gpx (like I described in my post), not with a route gpx and neither with a track gpx.
  • I'm going back to Osmand. At least I can navigate by voice to a recorded track with it. Also, it appears they are working on the problem where it tries to restart from the beginning if you join the route partway along, which is my main problem with it at present.
  • It is the first time I try this so I may be wrong.
    Peterf, just put Your gpx to navigator/gpx folder, or import it. Show it on map - tools - record, replay... - gpx - show on map,
    and add some points on this map by klick on Your route and set start, destination (first, sec and third flag).
    Press Your route, not 'menu' first!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion