How can I send routes from PC to Android?
  • It makes scene to create routes in the PC & then send it to the Android.  Messaging is probably what I need to use but unable to find any instructions / help files.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • you need to copy file routing_points.xml
    please note that this will overwrite your existing routes - you would need to patch these two files to avoid that
  • There is a much safer way than messing with your routing_points.xml. But you need to copy your GPX routes to your phone anyway.

• Hmm, thanks; unfortunately all double dutch to me re the routing_points.xml  I'll have to google that and see what I can find out.

Can I create a GPX file on the PC?
     I don''t think I can use the GPX file to get navigation directions.

I would mostly use it on a motor bike & rely on the voice guidance as I like to keep my eyes on the road.
     (actually amazed that it's legal to look at a screen while you drive. I think I can hold a phone, eat a meat pie & drive safer than not looking where I am going.  I just drive trucks for a living & ride bikes, what would I know. PS I do use Bluetooth in both, just my own observations)
  • Yes, you can create a GPX file on the pc with e.g. Routeconverter or other tools. In RouteConverter (my personal favorite) I create the route, save it as route GPX (not track or waypoint). I copy it via dropbox or google drive to my phone and import it with Route Importer.
    I'm currently on Android 4.4.2 which blocks direct import, so I now need to use an intermediate step from my download folder and copy it then to the navigator folder.
  • Back again.   I've got it sorted out now. Thanks for you help.  I also found this which helped.

http://forum.mapfactor.com/discussion/604/route-planning/p1

I'm using version 14, so it took a bit of finding. I found it in:-     Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Navigator\14.1  This may help some other PC novices.

Also, if you don't know......I has to be moved into the Navigator file on your phone. It will need to overwrite the existing file for work. (it may not show the .xml at the end ) If you have routes saved in the phone that you do not want to loose, simply move the existing one to the Temp folder first & then move in the one from the PC. Swap them back and forth as you need to.
      Again, thanks for you help & good luck to anyone else who finds this thread of use.
  • I use Navigator for my motorcycle rides ( actually most of my posts / comments are about improving Navigator for motorcyclists) .

I use RouteConverter as well to create a new route or convert / clean an existing route created by other programs or recorded via navigator or even Garmin.

Usually my routes are made up with a maximum 30 waypoints inserted in key locations to force the direction of the route - it takes quite a few simulation to get the route right.

As hvdwolf, I copy the gpx file in the gpx directory and use Route Importer app to import the file in routing_points.xml.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion