Map scale (Android)
  • The map scale function is one of my favorite improvements since I know Mapfactor Navigator. As I am a fan of numbers: Is there a file where the three values of the scales are stored to be able to reproduce them exactly?

• 5 Comments sorted by
  • /data/data/com.mapfactor.navigator/shared_prefs but it is not accesible without root
  • Can someone please explain how the 3 numbers in Settings > Map scale are supposed to work? I have varied each of
    • Text size
    • Road size
    • Icon size

but I can't see any change to the visible map.

I want to make the text (road names, city names, POI names) larger. The only way I could find to alter their size was via Settings > Map color > Day > AutoPilot Day (large fonts), or similar large font item in the list.

If I use the default Day color scheme the road &  city names are so small as to be unreadable.

• in settings/map scale left is smaller, right is larger
    it works fine for me
  • Thanks tomas. I'm using a 420dpi phone. The attached screen capture is with the text slider to the far right and AutoPilot Day (large fonts). I can now see that when zoomed further in the text size is adjustable and quite good, but at the zoom level in the screen capture it is *really* difficult to see the text at all. With OruxMaps (for example) there is a scaling number instead of a slider, and I can therefore set the text size as large as I want. Could the far right of the slider map into a higher scaling factor, or as a workaround is there an XML numeric setting?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion