Import kml or gpx files in Navigator (Free)?
  • Hi

I created waypoints and routes with Google Maps and I would like to add them to the Navigator Maps.
    I thought that gpx files would be supported better and I converted the KML file to GPX Garmin format) file.
    I am wondering if I can load the waypoints and routes into the Navigator's map system in the current format, or in a further transformed formats, or if it is even possible at all.

At the first glance I could not see a straight forward way of doing it. I am using the Android Navigator Free

Thanks
    Bogdan

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Bogdan,
    you can copy GPX files to folder navigator/gpx
    ragards

• Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the information. I managed to figure that  out from other posts. However, I don' t know  how to backtrack . The problem is that I am looking at a track made in Google Maps for Europe and I am in currently in Canada. The only options I can see in Tools is Record/Replay/Manage GPS files. The only sensible options there are Replay and Show on Map. I am wondering how to use this gpx file when I will be in Europe so that I follow the track I have created. I tried to do Replay and show on map and none seem to do what I need.  

Thanks

• at this moment you cannot navigate from GPX
    you would need to set a series of waypoints on that route
  • Thanks Tomas.  I hope that backtracking is on the ToDo list. I consider this an important feature.

I have waypoints and tracks made in Google Maps. I could look on the map as I navigate. However, navigation following a track or route would be a very useful feature to have. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged