Navigator cannot update maps
  • Hi all,
    I have been using navigator on my android phone and tablet for a while now, and it worked flawlessly. For the last week, I was was trying to update the maps on my device. Although I can see the update progress bar, but it does not move at all and it is stuck on 0. I tried different networks (home, university, ...) and it did not work. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks all.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • i have the same problem: for over two weeks now, i am not able to download the latest OSM maps. the application takes several minutes before download starts, once it started (or resumed), it will download 20 MB at the maximum, then stops downloading and says the WiFi connection is not enabled, or simply just stops, or as it did yesterday caused the phone to reboot. After re-enabling the wifi connection, or resuming the download, the cycle starts again... i have tried this in several wifi-networks, at different hours of the day, on different days of the week - i don't think it is related to my phone or my networks i'm logged on to.
    all the other applications using the wifi work fine. that is pretty frustrating.

the pre-release version from tomas' link does fix the problem either.

can i download the OSM-maps some place else and then transfer them to the phone?
  • You can try direct download: Settings/Advanced/Data download type/Direct download
  • thanks mdx, that seemed to do the trick. smaller maps (<300MB) i could now download without problems.

the biggest map (canada with 500MB) i still have troubles getting it in one piece - download always stops and thus ends unsuccessful. but i guess that is more a problem of the OSM-server or my telephon and not related to mapfactor's navigator since it works fine for the other maps.

thanks for your support!
  • maps are on our servers, not OSM
    did you install the latest version?
    http://download.mapfactor.com/mapfactor_navigator.apk

• Thanks all for the replies. I tried "mdx" solution and it worked! I was able to update Canada map (500MB) successfully. Thanks again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion