Imported POI issues
  • Issue 1:
    Using Digger to import TomTom .ov2 POIs results in them being incorrectly placed. For example I converted a small set of POIs for Latvia and they were placed in the middle of Africa! If I convert the same .ov2 file to .gpx using www.poieditor.com and then import it, the icons are correctly placed.

Issue 2:
    Icons for imported POIs are tiny! I'm using the 22x22 .bmp icons associated with the POIs and converting them to 22x22 .png icons, I see Digger has various settings for icons, what values should be used for them so that 22x22 icons for imported POIs are the same size as the built in ones?

Issue 3:
    With the PC version it is possible to select as many imported POIs as you like and show them on the map, this does not seem to be possible for the Android version, as far as I can see they can only be selected individually?
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • For MapFactor Navigator Free Android OS, in what folder are the imported  POI's placed?
    Thanks
  • mca files are in folder navigator/data
  •  How do you create or convert to a "mca" file?
    I am familiar with JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP , GIF etc but "mca " ???
    I went to "www.poieditor.com" as mentioned above and "mca" is not one of the listed formats.
    Cannot find any type of converter for that format.
    Is it a format that MapFactor has devised to protect its contents?
    Thanks
  • Hi,
    please use this tool to import
    download.mapfactor.com/digger_12.zip
    you cannot export from .mca
    rregards
  • When converting the TomTom POIs, you must have mixed up latitude and longitude when setting up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion