Can this program be embedded into another?
  • I have a program that I use to control inputs and outputs on a circuit board.  I have an on screen display with buttons for on and off etc.  I have an area on my display where I would like this GPS software to show within (not in a separate window).  Is this possible, and can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to embed it?

I've been using Visual Studio to edit my xml file for the laying out my user interface.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • please see manual
    http://directions.ltd.uk/files/manuals11/manual_en.pdf
    sections TCP/IP communication and Command line arguments

• Thanks!  that helps.

I am a noob.  In my current XML flie which is controlling my circuit board, how to I point it to start looking for the GPS program?  Is there a beginning code I need to use to say pull the maps etc?  

Sorry, I just need a starting point I think...
  • it is in section 18
    Example:
    c:\Program Files\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe --window_border=yes --window_position=100,100,800,600
  • Ok, so inside my xml code I would put something similar to the below?

<EmbeddedApps>
        <EmbeddedApp>
          <AppFullFileName>c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigator12\PC_Navigator\PC_Navigator.exe</AppFullFileName>
          <AppCmdLineArgs> --window_border=yes --window_position=397,35,622,453</AppCmdLineArgs> />
        </EmbeddedApp>
      </EmbeddedApps>

is that close?
  • or maybe its something simpler...?  because that code didn't work.  lol  I know I'm probably making this harder than it is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion