Build-in GPS (Windows Tablet) doesn't work with Navigator
  • Hey,
    i just wanted to install Navigator on my new Windows Tablet (Windows 8.1 pro), Lenovo Miix 2 8, which has a build-in GPS, like many others new tablets have now aswell, but the software just doesn't work with it. It only looks for GPS sources at COM Ports, not at build-in ones.

Can you add the support of build-in GPS Chips? Think more and more Tablets/Netbooks/Notebooks will have them, right now there are already quite a bit out there and more are coming
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Hello,

You could try this "Centrafuse Localizer 4" from here:  http://www.centrafuse.com/us/centrafuse-localizer
    This program was mentioned on this forum: 
    Problem is to find a tool that transfers the data from serial API sensor to a (virtual) COM.

Regards
  • Hey thanks, already found that programm, but it costs 15€ for something, which i hope will soon be implemented into the software?
  • I have the same Tablet but from a previous installation on a Netbook, I had the BT 338 device sold by Directions, so I am using that with no problems
  • So you just have another GPS device as the solution or am i missunderstanding something? :(
  • No, you are correct.
    I also tried to get somewhere by researching the connection problem but got nowhere and as I happened to have the Receiver lying around I used that.
    I have noticed that Maplin are doing a GPS Dongle for £29 which will work, cheaper than the BT338 Device.
    I should point out that I have the "Paid For" version of Navigator 12.
  • So thats why i posted this in "Feature Request", i mean there are will be even more users with a buid-in GPS, that are all looking for a navigation App and the fix programm from centrafuse just cant be the solution? Please implement them in the next version !
  • I have a Sony Vaio Duo 13 with GPS inplace too.
    SOLTION: Download the "SensorDiagnosticTool". Start the tool and wait to, the inplace GPS (e.g. HUAWEI GNSS Sessor) logs GPS data - not the "Windows postionsdata"!. Atfer then, start MapfactorNavigator Free and select the inplace GPS. Just, you have the GPS in MapFactor on your map.
  • Correct me if I am wrong but this is not a gadget issue. Ass people posted above advice, this is a problem with programs installed on a tablet. A lot of these gadgets that are half computer, half phone do act like mobile tracking software, but there is a lot of program incompleteness.
  • why don't you install Mapfactor Navigator from Windows Store ?
    that supports internal GPS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged