Bug when converting OSM map to Mapfactor map.
  • I think there is a bug when the OSM map is converted to Mapfactor map. When a road is mapped as a closed polygon in one piece, then it is not included in the Mapfactor map, although it is visible in the OSM map.
    3 examples
    56° 29´ 25.1" N   10° 00´ 56.9" E
    56° 43´ 42.9" N   10° 07´ 31.5" E
    56° 48´ 18.1" N   10° 16´ 48.2" E

Only 3 examples but I think there must be a lot of them. I am using the 22-10-12 map for Denmark
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • yes, you are right - two years ago that was "a quick fix" due to self-loops problem ... but now there are more than 3572 removed self-loops in Denmark :(. We will fix that.
    thanks for your report
       Martin & Pepa

• Hi Martin & Pepa

Thanks and I really appreciate that you always are on in this forum and reddy to give good answers. In this way we all will get a even better Navigation program
  • If you want to try recomputed version is here -
      http://download.mapfactor.com/denmark_osm_121103_exp121212_8515415a24.mca
    if you find there any problem there, please let us know, because we will use the newer process for computing November OSM data.
    thanks
       Martin & Pepa
  • Hi Martin & Pepa

I have tried the changed map for a number of loops, and they are all visible now, and I can also use a point on the loop as a destination, so I think it is ok. Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• mdx November 2012
  • tvo November 2012