Maps of New Caledonia
  • Hello,
    Above all, your android application is very good.
    But there is a problem on the OSM map of New Caledonia, the only highway (savexpress) the country is cut! (see screenshot)
    This highway is not cut on OpenStreetMap : http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/-22.1787/166.4181

As a result, the proposed routes are very long ... : \
    Thank you
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Hi kgoo,
    thanks for report. At first sight it looks like problem with boundary description. We use relation 2177258. The problem is probably related to line "Relation Nouvelle-Calédonie (1628087) as land_area" - the process maybe cuts out the bridges :(. Moreover the boundary is not valid now, so some older backup was used (for November data), but I have seen the problem also in older data.
    regards
      Martin

• Hi kgoo,
    it should be fixed now (and recomputed data are available on Early Maps Access). I still do not like original relation 2177258 - it contains mentioned "land_area" relation (1628087), two nodes, and Relation Récifs de Bellone (3225953) without "role" description ... so I am not sure if even on OSM side it is correct.
    regards
       Martin
  • Hi Martin,
    It's perfect! :)
    Thank you very much
    Regards

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• kgoo November 2013
  • mdx November 2013

Tagged