Door-to-Door Navigation
  • How do I use door-to-door navigation? Last night I was out and about, and I wanted to navigate to a specific address. I first tried clicking the address on my meeting reminder, and choosing "Navigator" for the application, but that just showed a general map. I tried typing in the address, but could only put state, city, county, and street - NO street number. The information on GooglePlay says I should be able to do door-to-door navigation, which to me means I can navigate from my house (or some other address) to some address (complete with street number). Or is door-to-door only available with the paid maps?
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • when street numbers are available in the map data then you can search for it, for example New York/Manhattan/5th Avenue.
    Unfortunately house numbers are frequently missing in free maps, but are available in TomTom maps.
    Free maps are created by volunteers at www.openstreetmaps.org - anybody can join and help to make maps better using their local knowledge.
    You can also use the built-in Google search, fourth tab in Search.

you can download manual here:
    http://directions.ltd.uk/android_manual/Navigator_android_eng.pdf
  • Thank you, that is what I thought - just wanted to make sure.
  • The URL is not for the same version of NavFree that is on GooglePlay (or at least, not the same version *I* have). The instructions are useless.
  • it is a little out of date, but I would not call it useless
  • Hello,

if I have a door-to-door-navigation with MF I use coordinates that I get from www.gpso.de/maps. You can also edit these coordinates on that site and download them as gpx-file and import with diggerQT to MF.

Regards 
  • @frisian: You better should update the OSM maps instead of using coordinates to navigate.
    If you don't want to register on openstreetmap.org you can send me the numbers per pn so I can update it.
  • Hello,

I' m registered on openstreetmap.org. When I have the time I update housenumbers and mistakes that I have seen during travelling.

Regards

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion