Mapfactor chooses parallel road instead of highway
  • Hi, I noticed something weird in MapFactor using the OSM.

When driving from Antwerp to the border with the Netherlands, along the A12 highway, there is a traffic junction, called Zandvliet, where MapFactor chooses to leave the A12 and take a parallel road. Yet, at the end of the parallel road it merges again with the A12. Following the A12 would be a much more logical and fast alternative here.

I looked at the OSM, but as a newbie in editing, I can't find anything wrong.
    This is the traffic junction:
    The error happens just on the junction where "Zandvliet" is written in black in this screendump.

Can anybody see why this happens and how to correct it?

Cheers
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • without knowing all details, my guess is that motorway has speed limit and side road does not, which, in theory, would make side road faster
  • Indeed you are right!
    No speed limits were set for the side road and as far as I can tell it has the same speed limit as the highway, albeit only one lane, so in theory it could actually be faster.
    I updated the parallel roads speed limits in OSM, so it should be in the next update. :)
    Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged